Helper Expectations & Guidelines
- Helpers need to be at least entering sixth grade.
- As a helper, you are expected to assist your classroom teacher to the best of your ability. Helpers may assist students in cutting, coloring, and gluing. They may also assist in restroom breaks, supervision of students in all areas of the school, modeling safety lessons, reading books, and singing songs.
- Report to the classroom you are helping in at least 10 minutes before the session begins.
- Helpers are not to leave Lincoln Elementary at any time during the time you are volunteering. Please pack a lunch to eat in the cafeteria each day.
- Dress comfortably, but neatly. Shorts and jeans are acceptable. Refrain from clothing featuring alcohol or other drugs or shirts that show your stomach. Open toed shoes are discouraged. (A good guideline for clothing is if you would be allowed to wear it to school then it is appropriate for Safety Town.)
- You are a role model for all students at Safety Town. Speak using appropriate language at all times and act in a respectable manner with the students.
- Enthusiasm for the program is important to help students learn the lesson. Please be an active participant in the lessons. Do not sit in the back of the room talking to friends.
- Cell phones should be turned off or put away during each session.